Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Article Reflection - $250 million proposed to lure teachers to New Orleans schools

$250 million proposed to lure teachers to New Orleans schools

I guess I think it is great that they are trying to get teachers to New Orleans. Naturally, teachers are going to think, wow that's more money then I am making at the school I'm working at now. However, I don't know if I think it is right for our government to be focused on New Orleans so much. Granted, the place was practically destroyed, but if a tornado hit Kansas and wiped out Kansas City, do you think the government would pay teachers to move there. For some reason I don't think so. I think there are places in the U.S. that the government could pay teachers to go to, especially good teachers where they are needed. Also, can't that $250 million be put to use somehow better for all the schools?

No comments: